Friday, January 15, 2010

OSA Challenge #53

Here's the card I made for Challenge #53. The Windy Day stamp (Hero Arts) is one of my favorite. I also used a Cuttle Bug folder from the new Oriental set for the background.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Using Blank Notecards

Here's a quick card I made for a swap which had to have ribbon on it. I spied some pretty blank note cards at Michaels last week - eight cards and envelopes for $1!!! The central image ("M") is covered up with a die-cut (Spellbinders) scalloped circle, and I used a circle Valentine stamp for the central image. The bottom edge is punched using a Martha Stewart border punch, and I had just the right color narrow ribbon to thread through the holes. Voila!!!

Ribbon Card for Anna

Thursday, January 7, 2010

OSA Layout Challenge 52

Last year OSA (Oriental Stamp Art) ran a weekly layout challenge. I participated for awhile but eventually got busy and didn't continue. The cards that were created were stunning! I vowed to get back into the weekly challenges, and this is what I made. It took me a few days to figure out what to do about the half circle on the top and finally had an idea----half of a parasol, the kind used for tropical drinks! Here's the result.

Diamond Top Fold Card

Last year I purchased a ScorPal and later joined a group which shares ideas and templates for creating all kinds of cards, small boxes, etc., using this handy tool. The challenge this week was to create a diamond top card. I was excited to try this out AND I needed to make some cards for an on-going swap through OSA, an Oriental interest group. This month the colors are purple, blue, gray (and I added some pink to the mix); and the theme is mountains. I used Spellbinders square to cut out the image. Here's the finished project:

This is one site where you can find directions, or you could Google "diamond top fold card":

Monday, January 4, 2010

First Swap of 2010!

After my "trials and tribulations" with the new computer, I'm back to blogging and swapping. One of my groups has a color challenge every month, and January's really was a challenge: Use the colors navy, black and dark green. Luckily cream/white are also allowed!!! I created the background using Distress Inks: Pine Needle, Soot, and Denim. I had a lovely piece of handmade paper from my friend Bonnie which really made a difference.