Monday, June 16, 2008

Tip-Ins

Altered book artists sometimes participate in tip-in swaps which are loads of fun. The idea is that a theme and specifice size are decided upon, and participants swap them out. Once you have received the finished page(s), you can either tip them into an altered book by gluing the page in or you can also assemble them into a new book by various methods. The first picture was made for my friend Adrienne who had wanted to be in the Nature swap but forgot to sign up. So, when I sent her a birthday present, I included this for her. The page folds in half down the center. I was lucky enough to meet Adrienne last fall when she traveled from Wales to the US to attend Art and Soul in Portland, then came to Wisconsin to visit with my friends Chrissy, Kathy, and Barbara.





This tip-in was made for the Men swap. I really had fun with this. I used the cover from a theater program for the front. The Milwaukee Rep had staged Cyranno last fall and I saved the program because Lee Ernst is one of my favorite actors (he was brilliant in the production!) I printed off a page of dialogue in French from the script for the background. Love the guys on the back as well.




1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

These are great...you will have to show me some of these when the books are complete.