Sunday, March 29, 2009

March "Madness" - Part 2

Here are some more scans of projects. I was in a swap where I had to use a puzzle piece as a part of the design. I had purchased a few children's puzzles which were made up of large pieces and chose one for the cover of a purchased notebook. I stamped the flourishes on the cover and added the puzzle piece which I had decoupaged with printed tissue paper and a purchased embellishment, adding some fibers through a hole I punched with my Crop-a-Dile.

Oriental Stamp Art runs many swaps every year, and this is what I made for a mingle (send one card to your partner) - the theme was black plus one color. The crane stamp (Stampin' Up) was stamped on DSP (see previous blog to unravel the secret meaning!) and layered over blue. I highlighted areas with a clear glitter pen. The strip is embossed with a CB embossing folder and highlited with Versamark.

I signed up for a lighthouse card swap and later realized I had sold my one and only lighthouse stamp at a rummage sale! Not be be deterred, I used a picture for the backgroun from a Wisconsin calendar - a lighthouse in Sturgeon Bay on the Lake Michigan side. The shore scene is the stamped part. All stamps are from Seaside Stampin'. If you love the ocean, lakes, sea life etc., go to their website for a treasure trove of stamps.



Recently I tried my hand at a technique called gesso resist. It is sooo easy. Apply a few coats of gesso to a page of text. When it is dry, stamp and emboss an image, then color over the whole thing. The embossing resists the ink!













3 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I haven't tried this!!!

Rena Sawatski said...

Beautiful Maggi. I too have not tried this yet.

bonnie32002 said...

I had lots of fun making these with you. I really enjoy our craft days.