Saturday, March 28, 2009

March "Madness!" - Part 1

I've been doing a lot of work in the grotto, but I just now sat down to load up some samples. The fish card was created by using Alcohol Inks with canned air, the type you use (or are supposed to use) to clean the dust from your computer. The technique is easy - put down a few drops of ink on glossy CS and hit it with a blast of air! I then stamped the large koi stamp on acetate and mounted over the background.



Below are two ATC's made for the Wisconsin Yahoo group's March swap. The background paper is from the Elegance line found at Joann's. Since I had to perform "surgery" on Haiku bunny so he would fit on the ATC, I used the leftover piece to Cuttle Bug a flower.


The butterfly is also cut and embossed with CB, then colored using Pan Pastels and highlighted with metallic rub-on paste.




I also made some more BD cards for Dick's "stash" - he likes to have a number on hand for mailing. I used a CB embossing folder and sanded off some of the color so you can see the simple flower design


The above card was simply stamped on a piece of DSP (decorative scrapbook paper - my new acronym for the week~) using black ink. This is much nicer than the gray card I made for a swap a while back!


====================================================================

Here's my canvas for Quote of the Month -I sure wish it were daffodil season, but they came up early last spring and got covered with snow and frozen, so I settled for paper. I decoupaged a paper napkin on to a painted canvas, distressed it with tan acrylic paint, and added the quote.








1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

You have been busy in the Grotto! First of all I want that cuttlebug folder that is queen anns lace lol!

All great samples...my two favorites are the alcohol background w/canned air and the canvas quote. I guess I went for all colorful images this time!