Thursday, December 22, 2011

End of the Year Swaps

     I'm coming to the end of the 2011 swaps and finally finished the last few (only one to go!)  It has been a good year with swapping, making new internet friends and learning new techniques.
Diamond Fold
  Now that I have a Scor Pal, well, both sizes and a Martha Stewart score board (!), I am able to have the tools to do precision scoring and folding.  The theme for the Cuttle Bug group for December was "Fancy Folds."  I could never have made this card without being able to make good, accurate score lines to fold this card.  The navy base is one piece of paper!  I used two Cuttlebug embossing folders and a die to create this along with Distress Inks - a great way to color coordinate different papers.  The silver snowflakes are foam stickers.  I think they were produced for kids, but I found them fun to use!

COTM - Snow
     I belong to group of Wisconsin stampers (and a few from other states, as well), and we have a themed Card of the Month swap.  Each month has a designated theme.  The theme for December is snow or holiday.  I purchased (very recently as in the last day or two as all Christmas stuff is marked WAAAY down!) a new set of embossing folders, so this is the first time I have used them.  I embossed white paper and used Distress Ink to add the blue highlights.  The snowflakes are a piece of printed card stock, and, yes, I used a sparkley snow flake sticker!!!

     The scan below is an ATC I made for the same group.  I had the blue and white CS out as well as those cute snowflakes, so I created this ATC.  I had purchased a couple of sheets of vintage images at the annual stamp/scrap show in Madison and used them to complete the ATC's


     Now all I have to do is finish up my 12 Days of Christmas tags.  I'm hoping to have them made by January 6, the original end of the 12 Days.  And, of course, a new round of 2012 swaps is set to begin.
     Thanks for checking  my blog - hope to post more and more regularly in 2012.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Great card. I like the tags as well