Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ATC Background Techniques: "I"

     I love creating backgrounds so was excited to join an ongoing swap creating backgrounds using different techniques.  A group of six is making an ATC every month for each of the participants.  Rather than randomly sending any technique, my friend Carole who organized this swap (she is the background Queen!) decided that we should go through the alphabet, one letter at a time.  I think some of the letters might be a challenge!


Interference Resist with Alcohol Ink

     This month we are creating with the letter "I" in mind.  I found a technique in the wonderful book "Texture Effects" by Nancy Curry.  It is a simple but beautiful technique.  Simply randomly sprinkle powdered pigments such as Perfect Pearls on black glossy card stock then apply alcohol ink using a sponge or felt pad which seals the pigments.  You can then stamp using a permanent ink.  What you can't see in this scan is the depth and shine created using this technique.  I added the bird and cage to complete the ATC.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Looks great, excited to see it soon!