Sunday, August 1, 2010

July Shoebox

My friend Bonnie and I have been getting together on a regular basis to make cards, eat dessert, and "gab." She recently was able to find a job after being laid off for quite while, and she has made some new friends who are interested in making cards. Bonnie called the group "Shoebox" because each of us designs a card and brings all of the materials for each of the others to make the card. We added a new member, my friend Chrissy, who attended for the first time in July. Here's what we made:


Chrissy's Happy Birthday


Jane's Levis Inspired Card

You can tell that Jane is very detail oriented. She also paints Christmas ornaments.


Bonnie's Elegant Lady



Ashley's Birthday Card

I haven't colored in the candles yet.

Reverse Nestabilities

This is the technique card I brought in my shoebox. Rather than layer elements on top of each other, they are layered underneath. I love using the Spellbinders Nestablilies dies. Unlike punches, they will last forever!

And the evening concluded with a decadent chocolate peanut butter pie!!!! Thanks, Ashley, for hosting, and also to everyone else who brought projects.

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

This is turning out to be such fun...and at once a month DH's will not complain lol!

Steve said...

Mom, I continue to be amazed at your artistic talents! I still have every card you've ever made for me, Joy and JJ. Hopefully I'll find a great way to display them all somewhere in the house. Love you!!

Carolyn said...

Hi Maggi, happy to see you making cards again. We also do a shoebox at one of our local stamp clubs. It is a lot of fun to see what others come up with for design, papers, stamps, etc. Looking forward to more posts.