Friday, January 30, 2009

I've Got the "Blues!"

I belong to a small group of (mostly) stampers from SE Wisconsin which has been swapping cards with specific themes. Two recent themes were Blue/gray and Winter. Guess I was in a blue mood as both cards used light blue and gray colors! Could it be the gray, cold Wisconsin winter???



Winter


I used Cuttle Bug combination die cut and embossing folder to create the snowflake and the snowflake folder for the background. After embossing the background piece, I sanded some of the black to reveal the blue underneath. Silver embroidery thread and a silver brad finished this off.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Blue and Gray

Still in a blue mood, I used one of my favorite stamps, a quote from Dickens and a silk flower for the central image. Silver peel-off border and a small vellum butterfly were the final touches. One of my favorite quotes is "If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?" Spring can't come too soon!!



No comments: