Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Swapping Samples

I belong to a few swap groups and enjoy the challenge of coming up with something based on a specific theme, product, color, or???? Here are a few of the recent swap items.



The challenge of the Christmas card was to use my Cuttle Bug machine, a home version die cut machine. The background paper was dry embossed using the Swirl embosssing folder. The oval is a combination die cut and embossing set, one of the Disney items! The embossing made a big difference in the final card.







I made this calendar for a friend in Australia. Each month one of the swappers is the "It Girl" and chooses a theme. Jessie's theme was time, a perfect choice for a calendar!







Below is a version of a Christmas gift I made for some friends. For the swap we were to make a shaped tag, so I made a version of the Flower Fairy. I used a printed image and embellished with flowers and a sticky brad. The wings were stamped with a swirl and dusted with Pearl Ex.






My group from Wisconsin has been running a Color Swap for the last year or so. This time the challenge was to use olive, rust, and brown. I had a beautiful napkin sent to my by my swapping friend Michelle who lives in Cape Town, South Africa. She often sends me small items from SA to use in my work. The napkin was a perfect choice. I glued on to the olive card stock and embellished with some black trim. The embellishment is from a pre-printed chip board set.








1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

Wow! You had me fooled... I thought I was only going to see one item and I got a whole bunch!

Great to have a play day, but I wish it was a play day together!!