Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Swapping

Now that Christmas is over, I have been doing some swaps with a few groups. Today I made/embellished two note pads. The one below is for my friend Bonnie whom I met through the SEWis Yahoo group. When I got her name for the Pink, Green, Gold swap, I wanted to make something special. I spied the lovely green journal at Michaels and knew exactly what I would do with it. I added some fabric flowers, pink faux brads, gold peel offs (fancy stickers), and some fibers. Hope she likes it.


This list pad was made from "scratch" for Tamara who belongs to the CCSwaps Yahoo group. The swap was to recycle Christmas items, scraps, or???? I received a gift in a very sturdy box and cut two pieces out to create the front and back covers. The ribbon on the cover, the fibers on the wire, and the lining paper inside were salvaged wrapping from another swap, 12 Days of Christmas. I used Bind-It-All to connect the covers and glued a list pad inside. Like the cover, the pad is polka dots.


Both projects were fun to create, and I hope the recipients enjoy them.

2 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Ohhhh, I know one of the recipients will like the booklet you made!
I can hardly wait until it's in my hot little hands lol!
Bonnie

Steve said...

Beautiful work, Mom! Now that Dad can drive himself around, you'll have more time to do more projects....as long as you stop trying to put holes in the driveway with your head. Ha ha. Be careful! I've grown rather fond of having a mother these past 41 years. Love ya!